COVID-19 Safety Measures at Essence Acupuncture & Wellness
In order to continue to provide industry-leading care while limiting social exposure and virus transmission, we have implemented the following measures:
- Essence Acupuncture & Wellness is following all recommendations made by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) regarding the Coronavirus and is monitoring closely for any updates.
- All patients will be screened for exposure and risk factors for COVID-19, which includes taking your temperature upon entry to our clinic. Patients who do not pass the screening will need to reschedule their appointment.
- Essence Acupuncture & Wellness staff will be pre-screened for exposure and wearing proper PPE for each scheduled shift.
- Limiting the number of patients in the clinic and spacing appointment times.
- Patients are immediately taken to treatment rooms to avoid the common waiting areas.
- Disinfecting all areas of the clinic.
- Minimizing face-to-face interactions with staff. Patients may be asked to:
- Check in using self-check-in with a mobile device and waiting in car until scheduled appointment time.
- Check out of appointments handled remotely. Note: We will require a credit card on file, so that we can forgo an in-person check-out.
- Use portals to communicate about administrative and financial matters.
- Sign paperwork electronically through our patient portal using Jane.
- Asking all patients/ clients to do the following when arriving at their appointment:
- Remain in your car until the appointment time. (This allows time for proper cleaning procedures in between appointments.)
- Come into your appointment alone. (Only patients may enter the office for their appointment as we cannot offer a waiting room. If you arrive with a spouse, friend, or other family member, then we will ask that they wait outside. Patients under 18 may be accompanied by one parent.)
- Maintain a distance of six (6) feet from other persons whenever possible.
- Wear a face mask, and to not remove the mask except when directed by staff.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds before and after checking in/out at the front desk, before and after your treatment, before and after using the restroom, and to maintain hand hygiene at other times by using hand sanitizer, or washing for 20 seconds.
- Practice proper cough & sneeze etiquette by coughing/sneezing into your elbow, and to give warning to others if you are about to cough or sneeze, so that they can maintain a safe distance.
- Remain in areas designated for your visit, and to not wander about the facility.
We are Dedicated to Our Patients
Essence Acupuncture & Wellness is currently open for patient visits from 9:00 am. to 6:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday and Saturday 9:00 am. to 1:00 p.m. Our practitioners are also available for phone consultations and can ship herb orders if needed. Please do not hesitate to call us at 210.236.5862 or send us a message with your questions and concerns.
Our bests thoughts and wishes are always with you and your family.